FORS Safe Urban Driving CPC Course
August 3 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sharing the road with vulnerable road users.
A one-day course providing information and techniques to operate safely on busy urban roads delivered by a team of experienced theory and qualified cycle trainers
Meets the training requirement of:
• Construction Logistics and Community Safety (CLOCS) Standard
• Contractual Work Related Road Risk (WRRR) requirements
• Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver level
• Qualifies as a 7 hour DVSA approved Driver CPC module
• Qualifies for 3.5 hours towards (CPD) Continuing Professional Development (Seperate Certificate Issued).
An increase in population across cities and towns in the UK adds to the challenges and hazards of driving. To help improve road safety, SUD focuses on understanding how vulnerable road users behave and giving drivers a first hand experience of being a VRU.
The course consists of two 3.5 hour modules (both delivered on the same day).
What does the course cover?
The Classroom Presentation:
• How and why road infrastructure is changing to accommodate active travel, such as walking and cycling
• Identifying vulnerable road users and how they interact with traffic
• How to share the road safely with vulnerable Road users
• Use and limitations of supplementary vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
On the road (cycling)
• Demonstrate control of a bike (Off-Road Practice)
• Demonstrate where to ride on the road and the use and limitations of cycle infrastructure
• Tackle challenging roads and traffic situations
• Demonstrate how and when to pass queuing traffic
• Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces
• Use the experience of having cycled in moving traffic to improve driving standards and consideration for other road users